Leaderboard ad

Passionfruit ads

Sunday 31 October 2010

Zumba - the non-workout workout. I'm a fan



I've been Zumba-ing for a few months now and am having a great ol' time. The kilos have seriously melted off - that may also have something to do with the fact I am too stressed and too tired to eat (oops) - but this new fitness regime completely rocks. It's toning without trying.

If you're a mum with kids hanging off you most of the time, pulling out a yoga mat and downward dog-ing is simply not an option.

So, after watching the Zumba infomercials one too many times, I decided to succumb.

I am glad I did. What I love the very most is that I put it on and my two year old twins join in. They both roll around laughing watching mummy have fun and are partial to being held and twirled and try out the moves. What's not to love about bonding time - with an added benefit - with the kiddlywinks?!

You can buy the 'Deluxe' set of DVDs and accessories or the 'Basic' set. Each has a range of workouts, the Zumba toning sticks, and a heart rate watch.

It takes you through your paces with sexy dance steps, pulsating Latin rhythms and easy-to-follow routines, featuring the exotic rhythms of salsa, cumbia, samba, merengue and more. Hooked.

RRP $149.85

3 comments:

  1. Hey there,
    Great review! Doing some research before jumping on the zumba train.
    What do you think of the free Heartrate Watch and how well does it work?
    Do you know much about Zumba for Wii?
    Kind regards,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Michelle, I actually just tried Zumba for Wii, and I LOVE it! The last method I am yet to try is a Zumba class... although I am thinking I much prefer shaking my booty in the comfort of my own home...! x
    PS: haven't used the heartrate watch yet... must try that, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Josie,
    i also am doing my research as I have many exercise dvd s that sit on the shelf and collect dust lol !! I am presently doing the zumba - curves circut and they have just introduced a 3 rd class and I love love love it - so much so that when I come home have the music in my head and want to keep doing it . i just don't know if I actually would do it at home and the music would have to be the same as our instructor 's and she lead me to believe that it is not BUT when I saw it on T.V it was exactly the music I love . Looking thru all the negative feedback I am now wondering if I should just go get it from Target but would the music be the same - sorry I don't know the name of the song but it's gorgeous,
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete