Leaderboard ad

Passionfruit ads

Monday 2 July 2012

'The Right Man': wedding viral video. Marie Carr sings Christina Aguilera song

This wedding video is going viral - the bride, Marie Carr, walks up the aisle serenading her groom to be Devin, with her version of the breathtaking Christina Aguilera song 'The Right Man'.









What do you think? Would you do something like this? Blokes, how would you react?


There is a touching reason she did it. See clip here, and here's what the couple said about the video, post-wedding:





And here is the original song [with a video mash-up], sung by Christina.






I first discovered this song when I was engaged, and was interviewing someone at the Sydney Theatre Company. This song was on repeat and after the interview, I HAD to ask what was playing. I couldn't decipher the words but was smitten with the melody.


The lyrics blew me away. I wanted it for my wedding but it would have been far too emotional. Here are some of the lyrics:


So many years have gone by
Always strong, tried not to cry
Never felt like I needed any man
To comfort me in life
But I'm all made up today
A veil upon my face
But no father stands beside me
To give his bride away

Well I'm standing in the chapel
Wearing my white dress
I have waited for this moment
With tears of happiness
Here I leave behind my past
By taking the chance
I've finally found the right man



And when I was researching a Sex & The City clip I came across this montage. So Charlotte:


5 comments:

  1. Good on her; that takes guts...

    I, too, love this song. Lyrics are beautiful. Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I wish I wish I could sing like this!! Groom looks a tad awkward, but I bet he was blown away...

    Brigette x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just showed my husband and he thought it was pretty cool... I could never have done this, though! My pipes are not up to scratch! Jo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know, right! I would NEVER have had the guts... I could listen to this song over again... it's one of my fave Christina songs x

    ReplyDelete
  5. How ever did you find the Charlotte compile? LOVE her... and yes, the song fits perfectly...! Lisa xx

    ReplyDelete