Leaderboard ad

Passionfruit ads

Tuesday 21 August 2012

Frankie & Johnny: "I'm afraid"

I just watched the 1991 movie 'Frankie & Johnny' again - starring Al Pacino and Michelle Pfeiffer - and this scene in particular got me right there. It tells of the scary thought processes that go through the head of a single person resisting a new relationship. Watch:



Says Johnny: "You don't have to be afraid anymore."

Frankie: "I am. I'm afraid. I'm afraid to be alone, I'm afraid not to be alone. I'm afraid of what I am, what I'm not, what I might become, what I might never become. I don't want to stay at my job for the rest of my life but I'm afraid to leave. And I'm just tired, you know, I'm just so tired of being afraid."

Kinda broke my heart, but in the last scene, these two afraid-to-get involved people kinda acknowledge that - fear aside - they could actually make this work. Watch:



What's your fave scene from a 'romantic' movie?

No comments:

Post a Comment