Leaderboard ad

Passionfruit ads

Tuesday 16 April 2013

Dove Real Beauty Sketches: VIDEO

When I saw one of my fave TV people on the planet - Sally Obermeder - present a segment for Dove, I took notice. View this below and you will understand why:



I must admit, when this was on TV yesterday morning for the first time, I was kinda casually listening as I wrote on the laptop... then stopped what I was doing and watched intently [and not only because Sally positively shines as she explains the context of the clip].



It came at a time when I was feeling rather flat, and definitely un-pretty... especially as many of the people closest to me have been telling me that what I am doing in my life right now [well beyond the blogging and writing] is truly beautiful.

So, yeah. Wow. To be deemed more beautiful than you see yourself... what a gift to take notice of. Now. Today. This second.

In fact, according to Dove, only 4% of women around the world consider themselves beautiful. At Dove, they're committed to creating a world where beauty is a source of confidence, not anxiety. And so, they decided to conduct this compelling social experiment that explores how women view their own beauty in contrast to what others see. Pretty cool, right?

You can watch the whole experience here.


And you can join the social media conversation at #wearebeautiful

Share your thoughts below.

No comments:

Post a Comment