Leaderboard ad

Passionfruit ads

Saturday 25 April 2015

Bruce Jenner Comes Out As Transgender: "For all intents and purposes, I am a woman." Interview With Diane Sawyer

Bruce Jenner has come out as transgender.




The highly anticipated broadcast - happening right now - revealed what has been speculated for some time. That Bruce identifies as a woman.


In the first part of the interview, Bruce struggles to hold back his tears, as he says: "It's going to be an emotional roller coaster but i'm going to make it through.


"I've been thinking about this day forever and what I should do with my life. How do I tell my story, how do I tell people what I've been through. I've been thinking about this day forever."



Bruce admits he has been "running away from all of this stuff", and says he's always been confused about his gender identity.

"I've tried to explain it to my children this way. God's looking down making little Bruce. He's looking down and He says: 'What are we going to do with this one. Let's give him a soul of a female."

Bruce continues : "Here I am, stuck. I hate the word girl stuck in a guy's body. My brain is much more female than it is male."

He adds:

"I'm me. I'm a person. This is who I am. I'm not stuck in anybody's body."

"For all intents and purposes, I am a woman. People look at me differently. They see you as this macho male, but my heart and my soul and everything that I do in life it is part of me, that female side is part of me.

"That's who I am. I was not genetically born that way... as of now I have all the male parts and all that kind of stuff so in a lot of ways we're different, but we still identify as female. And that's very hard for Bruce Jenner today. Why? I don't want to disappoint people."

Gosh, I am very pleased for Bruce. Imagine living with that gender confusion, keeping that secret. He must be hugely relieved to start the reveal, to start the living the life he has been wanting to live for decades.

No comments:

Post a Comment